Do you want to configure the Netgear range extender or you have already configured on the existing network? If not, then you will come to know about the process of configuring the netgear wifi extender n300 setup as well as how to add an Aircard mobile hotspot on your range extender.
Keep the range extender and the AirCard in the same room. Once the connection is properly verified and completed, you can place it at the desired location.
- Turn on the extender and wait for the power LED to turn green
- If you don’t find the SSID of your extender on the computer, then you can use the Network manager utility on PC.
- Launch the web browser and wait for the genie setup screen to appear. You can even access the settings page through ‘Mywifiext.net’.
- The Genie setup will search for available networks. A complete list will be displayed thereafter. Select the name of the network you want to extend.
- If there is any passkey enabled, then enter the same to login to the range extender. If you don’t see any such name in the network list, then bring the router close to the extender.
- If your router has 5 GHz support, then select the same frequency from the router and tap ‘Continue’. Otherwise, click on ‘My router doesn’t support 5 GHz’.
- Once the connection gets established, you are now told to change the settings from the Netgear ex2700 setup page. If you don’t want to change the settings as of now, then click on ‘Continue’ and finalize the process.
- You will find the notification on screen that the computer is now disconnected from the network. Check the settings and make sure that they are correct.
- Start connecting the wireless devices to the extender using the extender SSID and password.
- After the connection is established between the wireless computer and the extender, you can go to Genie setup screen and click on the option ‘My wireless devices connected to the extender’.
This is how you can configure the Air card mobile hotspot on the range extender. If you need any further information in this regard, you can contact the Netgear extender experts.